Monday, October 11, 2010

Update on mum's blue dress

After I wore my mother's blue dress on day 7 of Frocktober Alison asked me if I could find a photo of my mum in the dress. Well, I was over at Mum's for dinner last night and she turned up this one! It's of her, her friend Samir and her dog Bella and it was taken in the late 70s.



Mum asked me to mention that the dress is a Diane Von Furstenburg, which was a big deal at the time. In fact her wrap dresses were so influential they even have one in the Metropolitan Museum of Art http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/works-of-art/1997.487


Diane is still making the same style of wrap dress. You can pick one up here, should you wish: http://www.dvf.com/dvf/home.jsp?storeId=store_us

5 comments:

  1. Love it, so glad she could find a photo of herself in the same dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Libby, and a Polaroid! fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like it - I love a good polaroid too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane Von Furstenburg is still a huge deal! Jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is absolutely amazing! Love the journey of the frock and wish my mother had a DvF in her wardrobe for me to steal. DvF is a big deal today too.

    ReplyDelete